The Frosty Festival has been a fixture in the City of Mount Pearl for over 3 decades. It began in 1983 and now as it enters its 37th year, the Frosty Festival has grown into the largest winter event in Atlantic Canada.
The Frosty Festival offers a quality package of diverse entertainment that caters to all sectors of the population to encourage both indoor and outdoor activity during the winter.
The Festival prides itself on keeping admission costs low to encourage maximum participation within the community.
The mandate of the Mount Pearl Frosty Festival is to:
- Provide a yearly winter Festival in the City of Mount Pearl;
- Involve the community and local organizations in Festival planning and programming;
- Encourage mass participation of residents;
- Promote a Festival atmosphere;
- Foster a Festival atmosphere of Mount Pearl that reflects a healthy community, a hospitable and fun place to live and visit;
- Develop and strengthen the Frosty symbol – one that encourages fun and spirit of community;
- Maintain a sustainable approach to the management and financial structure of the Festival; and
- Encourage volunteer participation, support, recognition, and camaraderie.
To read the Frosty Festival By-laws, Frosty By-Laws March 2017 Final.